Monday, February 27, 2006

Canada Confirmed!

Ivan at Stonetree Records has informed me that The Grandmaster is confirmed at 4 festivals in Canada this summer. They are:

Winnipeg Folk Festival, July 6-9
Calgary Folk Festival, July 27-30
Regina Folk Festival, August 11-13
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues Festival, August 18-20

Victoria and/or Vancouver are still pending.

This is going to be an amazing opportunity for me to shoot stuff for my documentary. I especially love that it will take my film to my home country of Canada, a sort of blending of my two worlds.

Money is going to be the big problem as I do not have the funding I need for this type of road trip. Forget even paying myself for the weeks I would be on the road shooting, but how am I going to pay for my travel between cities, my meals and accomodation, and a sound recordist on the days I am shooting? In between festivals I can stay with family and friends in Vancouver, but I will still need to come up with at least $3500 for expenses.

Somehow I have to make this happen because it is too important to my film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home