Sunday, January 22, 2006

Canadian Content?

Ivan Duran at Stonetree Records has been getting a lot of interest in The Grandmaster from festivals in Canada. Right now it looks very likely that GM will be performing at folk festivals in Victoria, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, and Salmon Arm. There may also be a chance of him playing the festival in Vancouver.

This is great news for the documentary because obviously it is going to provide an amazing story arc and some great performance footage. It's exciting for me because I am from Canada and it will be a blast to make a summer tour of the old country.

Financing is going to be a problem however. Not so much the airfare, because I would probably make a personal trip to Vancouver this summer anyway, but it's the on the ground expenses like hotels, meals, and travel between cities that are going to kill. Plus I won't be able to do any paid work back in Belize because I could be away from late June to late August. But this will be the biggest thing to happen in The Grandmaster's life and I will find a way to be there to document it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home