Sunday, January 22, 2006

Why am I making this film?

So if there is no money in it (other than the money leaving my pocket to go into the production), why the hell am I making this film?

Because I want to. Because The Grandmaster is talented and interesting enough to be worthy of a documentary. Because I think people are going to enjoy this film. Because I want to be able to make other films (hopefully fully funded) and I know that it will be extremely important to have at least one independent film to my credit when I go looking for money for future productions. Because it's fun. Because I can. Because if I don't someone else might and that would really piss me off. Because I've spent over 20 years working in commercial television and I need to do something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home