Thursday, June 29, 2006

Help Wanted

I've fnally decided what do do this summer. I am not going to Victoria or Winnipeg, but I will go to Calgary, Regina, and Salmon Arm. Skipping Victoria was tough because it is so close to home. Winnipeg is the grand daddy of festivals so I hate missing that, but it is also the most expensive trip (almost as much to fly from Vancouver to Winnipeg as it cost to fly from Belize to Vancouver) so it just came down to a matter of money. Plus I was getting nervous that GM would not get his Canadian visa in time and I would be stuck with an expensive trip and no subject to shoot. Well, Ivan at Stonetree was able to pull some strings and get the visa rapidito so GM is off on Monday but I will stay behind for now.

So now I am scrambling to see what arrangements I can make to get footage from Victoria and Winnipeg. I've found a freelance videographer in Victoria who has agreed to shoot for what I can afford to pay. Now I have about a week to pull off a similar miracle in Winnipeg.

A huge thank-you to Colin Easton at the Victoria Folk Festival for his help in getting me sorted out in Victoria!!

I'm also looking to find a soundman for Calgary and possibly Regina. I think I have found someone for Calgary, but I am still looking for Regina. Doug Murray and I will likely work together in Salmon Arm as it is an easy 4.5 hour drive from Vancouver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home