Friday, July 21, 2006

Grey Matters

The Grandmaster at The Winnipeg Folk Festival

photo courtesy Sara Montour

Here's a great shot of The Grandmaster at the Winnipeg Folk Festival. I was not there, but I did get some footage from a local videographer, Derek Eidse, who I hired for one day of the festival. Initial reports are that everything went really well and it sounds like Derek got some good footage. I won't see the tapes until I get to Canada next week, so I am very eager for that.

What strikes me about this photo is you can see that GM has a few white hairs in his beard. I just noticed that about him a few days ago when he stopped by after getting back from Winnipeg. Of course I too am starting to find the odd grey hair on my own head, so just who is giving whom grey hairs?

I can't believe that I will be in Calgary in less than a week. It will be great to get on the road and spend some serious time working on the documentary. But it will also be nice to be back in Canada for a few weeks as well. I love Belize, but it's nice to go back to Canada and not be the foreigner for a little while.

I have to send my post-production grant application off to Cinergia before I leave. I've got most of the paper work ready, it's just the task of cutting a trailer that is left to be done. Just that... cut a 5 minute trailer from 25 hours of raw footage. How hard can that be? Maybe I better get started on this weekend, eh?

See, my accent is coming back and I haven't even left Belize, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home